Let the vinyl make your head spin… do the Bossa Nova Watusi Twist!
Barkas de luxe, the smallest mobile radio station of the Netherlands, provides festivals and events with fantastic vintage sounds and gives nocturnal dancing a healthy shot in the arm.
Also very suitable for dinners, wedding parties and private parties!
The artists turned a 1959 Barkas Framo into a brand new mobile radio station. With this East-German van, we will play loads and loads of original fifties and sixties singles and lp’s, crackles and all.
With Barkas they are exploring another corner of the vintage universe: Hillbilly blues, Bluegrass Boogie, Hot Shakin’ Americana and Soul Stirring Exotica.
In other words: a brand new Barkas which will keep spewing exciting vintage tunes, indoors or outdoors.
The Barkas DJ’s are dedicated vinyl hunters, always looking for those hidden jewels – at flea markets, record fairs and charity shops. Small wonder then that this brand new radio station can pride itself on a vast and very intriguing record collection. They don’t just dust off classic hit singles: they like to play those forgotten gems that haven’t lost any of their ooomph. Thirsty for musical adventure? Then Radio Barkas may be your kind of outrageously enjoyable party.
A performance usually lasts three hours. (Longer performances are negotiable.)
Barkas is mobile in the sense that after a certain time (fi 45') they can drive to another location to continue playing. Playing while driving is not possible with vinyl records.
- Barkas De Luxe is a mobile radio station.
- Barkas DeLuxe runs on a battery packet. No oil, no petrol – in other words, a clear reduction in CO2 emission. We can give a wireless performance for about 3 hours.
- It takes 60 minuten to build up the set, and another 60 minutes to break it down.
- We do both indoor and outdoor performances. A drizzle or a slight breeze won’t prevent us from playing.
- Audience size per show: around 500 persons.
- At your request we can also bring along a microphone for speeches and announcements.
- We can use our own generator in case a power outage might occur.
We kindly reguest the host organisation to provide:
- a parking spot for our van
- an electrical outlet: CEE 230V (max. 13A).
- a sufficient amount of food and drinks (catering, consumptions).
- overnight stay in a hotel (When there’s a booking for several days and driving back to Utrecht is no viable option. more than 500 km)
- The organizer has to ensure the application of Sabam (author's rights or any performance rights organisation (PRO) of your country)
- The organizer is responsible for the safety
- The date is only set when the contract has been signed.
The artists come from the Netherlands