The encounter with this lively and speaking Lion creates a very playful relationship with the audience.
A theatrical act is being improvised, dialogues and movements are being created on the spot and the spectators become performers of a magical moment.
Without being monumental, however, this construction remains impressive. The choice of material, metal and copper, designed to create this puppet reinforces the sculptural aspect of the realization.
Copper in particular was chosen to emphasize the animal's muscles without seeking the perfection of the anatomy.
By connecting through a single bundle of cables to the actors who handle the puppet, the lion seems to be completely autonomous.
This bundle acts as a true umbilical cord and brings movement and speech to the animal. It is an extension of the actor through the machine.
In this case, the artists are "masked" by the strong presence of the puppet
The artists come from the south of France.
Duration: about 1h30
Measurements of the structure:
- length: 2,30 meter
- width: 1,70 meter
- Hight: 3.50 meter minimum
Buildup: 2 uur
Dismantling: 1 uur
Day or night
Parade or event
- Any place that allows the movement of the structure
- Mounting / dismantling: a great place not accessible to the public, covered and lockable. This room must be accessible for us for the duration of our stay and as close as possible to the starting point.
- A standard socket 220V 16A air
- Dressing room: The building location can be used as dressing roomlocally (with sanitary installations)
- Snacks and beverages should be provided at the location of the build-up before and after the performance
- Possibility to check the route before the show with a representative of the organization.
- Two supervisors provided during the duration of the show that walk with the structure.
- Parking: from the arrival to departure a closed and guarded parking for Iveco truck 3.5T registered AB-350-DP
- In case they should play several days: the organization needs to provide overnight stay + meals + breakfast
- The organizer has to ask the authorization of the police.
- The date is only set when the contract has been signed
- The organizer is responsible for security.