The Octopus is huge - 4m high, 7m wide - maximising the immediate wow-impact on spectators.
At the same time, its delicate control mechanism enables the puppet to build spontaneous rapport with its audience.
Lightweight and easy to manoeuvre by a single puppeteer, it is nimble and responsive to those it meets with a soft skin, making it tactile and safe for close contact.
This artist comes from the UK
Duration: 3 x 30, 4 x 20' of 6 x 15'
Number of artists:1 + 1 technician
Volunteers: The performance will require the assistance of 2 crowd control personnel to make sure that the public make way for the Octopus as it roams about. More crowd control personnel will be required for dense crowds / night time events.
Setup: 2 hours - The puppet is controlled by one puppeteer and there will be one technical supervisor on site to assist in the set up and take care of any technical issues that arise
Dimensions ofthe octopus:
The Octopus puppet measures 600 cm x 600 cm on the ground with a height of 380cm at its highest point
Due to its size the puppet cannot perform with a width restriction of less than 500 cm or height restrictions of less than 400 cm.
The puppet has a total assembled weight of 25kg.
Travel by plane
The flight case dimensions and weights
95cm x 55cm x 35cm weight :25Kg
- A secure area away from the view of the general public to set up and prepare for the act.
- This area should be accessible by an estate car and be of a minimum size of 5 x 5 metres.(when travelling by car)Vehicular access is not required for international bookings outside of the UK as the puppet will arrive packed.
- The area should have cover available in case of bad weather during the set up.
- Once assembled the puppet can pass through a doorway with a minimum size of 180cm x 110cm.
- The distance from the set up area to the performance space should be as short as possible and no further than 100 metres at most.
- A heated dressingroom (mirror, chairs, table, snacks and beverages, warm running water)
- Secured parkingplace
- The organizer is responsible for the safety
- The organizer has to ensure the application of Sabam (author's rights or any performance rights organisation (PRO) of your country)and the authorization of the police and fire department..
- If the acts are performed abroad, if it is too late to go home or if they have to play several days the organization needs to provide hotel accommodations for the team, meals and beverages.
- For day performances the artists would welcome a breakfast/lunch with beverages and for evening shows a dinner.
- The date is only set when the contract has been signed